Lecture Auditions Are Back!
In 2011, more than 30 first-time speakers presented at AARC Congress. That number grew to more than 50 the next year. Much of this was attributed to the AARC’s Lecture Lab, a venue created to identify a new pool of up–and-coming presenters for AARC Congress. After a brief hiatus, the AARC Program Committee is happy to announce that they will be holding open auditions for new speakers again this year with the AARC Speaker Academy.
The rules to become a contestant are simple:
- Applicants must be AARC members and must have never lectured at the AARC Congress.
- Online application must be submitted no later than Friday, October 4, 2013. It must include the title, objectives and a description of your presentation topic. (Keep in mind that the topic must remain the same throughout the application, audition and presentation process.)
If your application is accepted, you will audition onsite at AARC Congress 2013 held November 16–19 in Anaheim, CA. Experienced speakers will serve as audition judges.
- Accepted applicants will be given up to 10 minutes to present a shortened version of their full 30-minute presentation.
- Each presentation must consist of an introduction, body, and conclusion.
- PowerPoint® slides must be utilized as part of the presentation.
- Presenters will be graded on appeal of topic, knowledge of content, quality of visual aids, delivery of lecture, and adherence to the 10-minute time limit. Important note: Presenters must disclose any real or perceived conflict of interest. Presentation must be free of commercial bias.
Speakers selected from the audition process will be invited to present their topics at AARC Congress 2014 to be held December 9–12 in Las Vegas, NV. Complimentary one-day registration for AARC Congress 2014 will be included.
Supported by an unrestricted educational grant from
The application deadline was Friday, October 4, 2013.