Second Five Winter Bulletins Online Now
February 06, 2009
Members of the Long Term Care, Management, Neonatal-Pediatrics, Sleep, and Surface & Air Transport Sections can read the Winter issues of their Bulletins online now.
Click on the following links to access these great publications—
- Long Term Care: Section Chair Gene Gantt recaps activities at the AARC Congress and we also have an article on the aging population and what that means for respiratory care.
- Management: This issue is full of insights into managing an RT department in a down economy, with two articles focusing on specific measures managers can take and a third on an informal survey of RT managers aimed at gauging the impact on departments so far. Rounding out the Bulletin is a review of a new leadership benefit and how you can take advantage of it, plus a look back at the 2008 Congress by Editor Roger Berg.
- Neonatal-Pediatrics: Two articles in this Bulletin target hot topics in neo-peds: keeping up with the demand for well-trained therapists and volume-targeted ventilation strategies for premature infants. We also have a great review of AARC Congress activities from Section Chair Brian Walsh, and a Notes column from Editors Rebecca Jackvony and Sam Addison.
- Sleep: Sleep professionals can read all about home sleep testing and what it will mean to the future of their labs, and Section Chair Karen Allen updates everyone on where the section has been and where it’s headed in 2009.
- Surface & Air Transport: The 2008 Air Medical Transport Conference (including the popular Vent Lab), improving care for neonates and children in the transport environment, and a mission to China are all covered here. Section Chair Dawn Filippa provides a wrap-up of the AARC Congress as well, and we even have a letter to the editor to share.
Each of these Bulletins also includes an article on the section’s 2008 Specialty Practitioner of the Year.
If these publications look interesting to you but you aren’t a section member, please know that you can easily add section membership to your overall AARC membership package. Simply go to the section sign up page and start enjoying the benefits of section membership today.