- Clifton Dennis shares information about the asthma kits he put together to hand out at an Asthma Awareness Fair that took place on May 5 in this article on the CBS-TV affiliate website out of Augusta, GA. “We give them spacers, peak flow meters and a lot of information on how to take care of their asthma,” he was quoted as saying.
- Lauri Leadley explains how her own battles with rheumatoid arthritis and cancer led her to put patient comfort first when she opened the first of her five sleep center locations in 2002. “I began to see that patients needed to have a more home-like environment,” she is quoted as saying in this article in the Arizona Republic. The center received the Phoenix Chamber of Commerce’s IMPACT Business of the Year Award last year.
- Yelena Gokhgalter and her brother, Andrey Gokhgalter, and Richard Spafford and his wife, Monica Spafford, talk about how they came to enroll in the same RT educational program at the same time in this article in the Republican out of Springfield, MA. Program Director Lee Robinson says it’s the first time his program has had brother/sister and husband/wife pairs in the same class.
- Jason Postma, Sr., expresses thanks for the care his son received in the NICU in this article and video on the NBC-TV affiliate website out of Bakersfield, CA. “They didn’t expect him to make it,” Jason was quoted as saying at a recent NICU reunion. “He did, and now he’s getting big and we’re just glad to be here.
- Kim Thompson is profiled in this article in the Lake News out of Missouri that appeared as part of a series recognizing area health professionals during National Hospital Week. “I have always liked respiratory therapy because I am able to work with all patient types, from premature newborns to geriatrics,” she was quoted as saying. “The work is different every day because of the various diseases and associated challenges.”
- Jessica Ganly is featured for her recent receipt of a New Jersey Society for Respiratory Care Student Excellence Award in this article on the NorthJersey.com website. Her program director, Kathleen Smith-Wenning, was quoted as saying, “Ganly is a constant professional with a great smile.” Program alumni Jeremy Jorda is noted for receiving the same award in 2008.
- Melissa Mace is honored for receiving her hospital’s “Award of Excellence” in this article in the Laurinburge, NC, Exchange. In presenting her with the award, hospital CEO Greg Wood cited from a letter written by a patient’s relative, describing the family’s experiences with Melissa: “God put an angel by the bedside.”
- Steve Paganella receives kudos for winning his facility’s Employee Excellence and Recognition award for April in this article in the Lakeland, FL, Ledger.
- Linda Cadose talks about her new book for kids in this article in the Wareham, MA, Courier. “The Hidden Chamber in the Great Sphinx” is especially designed to encourage more boys to pick up a book and read.
And two more facilities have received coverage for earning the AARC’s Quality Respiratory Care Recognition–
- Lake Pointe Medical Center in this article in the Royse City, TX, Herald Banner.